Home page  >  Tourism
Tourism

Department of Physical Education, Sports and Tourism of the Slavgorod Regional Executive Committee

Head of the Department- Slanislav Kudlayev
phone: 8 (02246) 2-56-38

Center of physical and sports activity of the department of physical education, sports and tourism of the Slavgorod regional executive committee

Director Nikolai Shevtsov

Address: 54a Oktyabskaya Street, Slavgorod, Mogilev Oblast 213245

phone/fax 8 (02246) 2-72-11

Working hours 8h00-21h00

Services

Cost
(in Br)

Gym 1 person/hour

880

Skates hire per hour

450

Ski set hire per hour

450

Billiards

2160

Ball hire (football, volleyball) per hour

450

Tent hire per 24 hours

3900

Svensk sports and recreation center

Head Yuri Ognev

Address: Svensk village, Slavgorod District, Mogilev Oblast 213261,

Phone: 8 (02246) 42-3-09

Working hours: 8h00-21h00

Services

Cost
(in Br)

Gym 1 person/hour

880

Skates hire per hour

450

Ski set hire per hour

450

Billiards

2160

Ball hire (football, volleyball) per hour

450

Lesnaya sports and recreation center

Head Andrei Somov

Address: Lesnaya village, Slavgorod District, Mogilev Oblast 213251

Phone: 8 (02246) 41-3-10

Working hours: 14h00-21h00.

Services

Cost
(in Br)

Gym 1 person/hour

880

Table tennis per hour

450

Ball hire (football, volleyball) per hour

450

Billiards

2160

 

No

Facility

Address

Brief information

Sozh Hotel

5 Oktyabskaya Str.
phone: 2-53-67

Zhilkomkhoz , 40 rooms, including 1 suite, 1 semilux.

Berezka café

3 Leninskaya Str.
phone: 2-53-50

Slavgorod regional consumer society, 2nd price category. 176 seats.

Childrens cafe

3 Leninskaya Str.
phone: 2-50-92

Slavgorod regional consumer society, 2nd price category. 28 seats.

Café-bar

Popovka village, Highway to Gomel, Rogachev.
phone: 45-2-90

Slavgorod regional consumer society. 2nd price category. 12 seats.

Café-bar

Lopatichi village, Highway to Mogilev.
phone: 3-03-99

Slavgorod regional consumer society. 2nd price category. 16 seats.

Café-bar

Rekta village. Highway to Gomel, Rogachev.
phone: 47-1-20

Slavgorod regional consumer society. 2nd price category. 12 seats.

Rodina Cinema

31 Leninskaya Str
phone: 2-57-07

The department of culture
- cinema hall; - video hall.

Sauna and health complex

14a Chapayeva Str.
phone: 2-72-32

Zhilkomkhoz
- swimming pool, - sauna, - bath-house for 20 people, - suites, - hairdressers parlor, - massage room, - bar

Sports and recreation center

Svensk agro-town
16km away from Slavgorod
phone: 42-3-09

Physical culture and sports center. Organization of sports events (billiards, tennis, body-builders, volleyball grounds, mini-football)

Sports center

Lesnaya agro-town 15km away from Slavgorod
phone: 41-3-10

Physical culture and sports center. Organization of sports events (billiards, tennis, gym)

Great Northern War Fame Museum

Lesnaya agro-town
15km away from Slavgorod
phone: 41-0-09

Excursions

Ethnographical Museum

59 Kalinina Str., Slavgorod
3
Phone:2-56-90

Excursions

Great Patriotic War Fame Museum

Slavgorod District
Bereza
Phone:36-5-44

Excursions

Great Patriotic War Fame Museum

Slavgorod District
Zimnitsa
Phone: 40-2-32

Excursions

Municipal beach

Lunacharskogo Str.

Gym, sports equipment hire, organization of sports games (volleyball, tennis, mini-football)

Urban lake

Karl Marx Str.

Summer cafe, catamaran hire

Park

Leninskaya Str. 

An old park (the area of over 5 ha). Laid at the early 20th century

Public garden

Leninskaya Str. 

0.9 ha. Landscaped space, a playground, a merry-go-round.

Mikhailovo estate

6 Mikhailov village
E-mail Alifant @ tut by
phone:  2-77-36
(029) 106 50 89

The estate can accommodate two to six people.  Lies in a picturesque place, not far from a lake, where one can take a swim and catch fish. Rafting in the Sozh River in summer.

U Yevdokii farmstead

2/9 Aleksandrovka Str.
phone: 3-27-07
(029) 314 74 73

The farmstead can accommodate two to six people. Lies in a picturesque place, not far from the Sozh river where one can take a swim and catch fish.

The Nativity of the Mohy Mother of God Church

9 Leninskaya Str.
phone: 2-52-55

Built in 1791-1793 by Duke Aleksei Golitsyn. The interior is decorated by iconostasis, painting and wonderful frescos (there were originally 57 fables of the New and Old Covenants).

Monument marking the Victory of the Russian Troops over the Swedes in the battle near Lesnaya

Lesnaya village

Built in 1908. Sculptor Ober

Memorial chapel

Lesnaya village

Built to mark the 200th anniversary of the victory over the Swedes. St. Peter Church is situated here.

Centenary Larch local natural monument

800 meters to the south of the Uluki village

Local botanic monument

Blue Well reserve

7km away from Slavgorod,  towards Kamenka village

National natural monument. Lake with the diameter of 20-25 meters. Underground waters.

 

TOURIST ROUTE
Slavgorod Lesnaya Uluki Blue Well reserve

The route takes its start in Slavgorod, one of the oldest cities of Belarus founded in 1136, and ends up at the Blue Well natural reserve.

The one-day route is 40km long.

The route starts in the city of Slavgorod. The city was first mentioned as Proposhesk in the Charters of 1136 of Smolensk Duke Rostislav Mstislavich. In September 1772 Propoisk Eldership joined the Russian Empire and was soon presented to Duke Aleksei Golitsyn by Catherine II. The name of the city was later changed into Proposhevk, Prupoi, Propoisk and Slavgorod. In Slavgorod there is the Nativity of the Holy Mother of God Church of 1791 1793 built by Duke Aleksei Golitsyn. Its architecture possesses secular features, the interior is decorated by iconostasis, painting and wonderful frescos (there were originally 57 fables of the New and Old Covenants); an old park with the total area of more than 5 hectares laid in the early 20th century; the Chernobyl Alley in Honor of  Abandoned Villages.

A lot has been done to beautify the city including multicolored flowerbeds and renewed buildings.

The route continues into the village of Lesnaya. Here during the Northern War in 1700-1721, Russian troops under the command of Peter the Great defeated Swedish Corps of General Levengaupt and foiled the plan of Swedish King Charles XII to conquer Moscow. A monument in the form of a bronze eagle who threw down the enemys banner and Memorial Chapel have been built in the village of Lesnaya in honor of the victory over the Swedes.

The chapel was built in the early 20th century to the project by A. Gagen in honor of the 200th anniversary of the Russian victory in the battle with the Swedish troops under the command of General A. Levengaupt on 28 September 1708 near the village of Lesnaya. Now it houses the museum of history of the Lesnaya battle. The chapel is an example of the memorial architecture, in pseudo-Russian style.

Then tourists go to see the botanical natural monument of local importance An Age-old Larch.

According to some sources, it is over 200 years old. The others say that its age should be calculated from the battle of the Russian army with the Swedes near Lesnaya. The larch is 1.8 meters in diameter. During the Great Patriotic War the top of the larch was cut down at a height of 10 meters. Below it there are 5 shoots, 0.5-0.6 meters in the diameter each. Right up from the roots, there are metal staples built in the trunk of the tree, leading to an artillery observation post.

The tree has survived thanks to the powerful root system and the trunk.

The route ends at Blue Spring, a natural monument of national importance. People knew about the healing powers of the water from Blue Spring long before it was recognized natural monument of national importance. Famous ethnographer Evdokim Romanov mentioned the spring in his works in the early 20th century.

Blue Spring is a small picturesque lake 20-25 meters in the diameter. It is surrounded by limes, oaks, black alders, hazelnut and willows.

The blue-emerald water in the lake reaches the Earth's surface from a depth of 100-200 meters where it goes through the layers of chalk which is an excellent natural adsorbent.

The spring outflow is 5000 m3 of water per day.

The water is hydro-carbonate-calcium.  Mineralization is 197 mg/l.

Water from Blue Spring has superior drinking properties and, according to the Institute of Geochemistry and Geophysics of the Academy of Sciences of Belarus, can be used as a benchmark for cleanliness of ground water.

From time immemorial people have gathered at this spring on 14 August every year for a mass service.  People come to Blue spring to pray, drink water, cross the creek three times and take a splash in it.

Come and get a feel of village life

Mikhailovo farmstead
Tatiana Chebotar

Mikhailovo, 6
Slavgorod District, Mogilev Oblast

E-mail Alifant@tut.by
Phone: 2-37-36
       (029) 106 50 89

Date of registration: 29.08.2007 .

Located 5km away from the district center, the farmstead is easy to find

A regular city bus service is available. There is a convenience store, just 15 minutes of walking distance. The road is of high quality.

ACCOMMODATION:

-  Summer house with stove heating  

-  Kitchen and a wash basin

-  Up to 6 persons 

-  Water in the yard

-  Various dishes of the Belarusian, Moldovan, Ukrainian, Korean, and many other cuisines
- All dishes are prepared with love

CULTURAL PROGRAM:

- Walking tours

- Rafting

- A visit to Blue Spring, a natural monument of national importance

- Churches in Lesnaya and in Slavgorod 

- True Belarusian banya 

- Fishing in the lake and fish soup afterwards

- Romantic evenings by the fire with shashliks

- Walks in the forest

- Sports games

- Karaoke

Amenities

o telephone service

o TV set

o computer

o Internet

o Car

o Satellite TV

Nature

Coniferous forest

Clean air

Forest lake

Goats

Dogs

Cats

Storks

At Evdokias

A farmstead on the bank of the Sozh River

Evdokia and Boris Mikhajlovs


Village of Alexandrovka 2, house 9

Slavgorod District
Mogilev Oblast

Phone: 3-27-07, 2-56-40
      (029) 314 74 73

Date of registration: 21.01.2008 .

There are places in Belarus that you think have been created by the artist's brush. They do not leave anyone indifferent. Among them is a small village Alexandrovka 2 in Slavgorod District. It stands on a hill surrounded by forest from the northwest. To the south, 300 meters away from the village, there quietly flows the Sozh River.

The Sozh River mesmerizes you by steep bends and hills, forested shores, the cleanest air. From April to June, the river overflows its banks and floods vast meadows, creating the picture of amazing beauty. You take a boat and go where the water takes you. This is a favorite spot of fishermen who go there to catch carpbreams, pikes, crucian carps, enches and even catfish.

You can enjoy the beauty of nature in a cozy farmstead, where there are two separate rooms, an attic, necessary amenities for 5-6 people. A computer with Internet access, satellite TV, and a landline service are available.

Swings, hammocks, boat, billiards, table tennis, a volleyball, badminton and basketball ground, synthesizer, an audio system, and a barbecue grill are at guests disposal.

There is also a beegarden. So quests have an opportunity to buy honey, royal jelly and propolis.

The hospitable landlady will cook various dishes from the Belarusian and Asian cuisines. The abundance of different vegetables, fruits and berries is guaranteed daily.

The hosts organize hiking, biking and boating tours and excursions around Slavgorod district which was first mentioned in 1136 as ancient Propoisk. The place was renamed to Slavgorod for the heroic battles in 1945.

The farmstead is situated two kilometers away from the Slavgorod-Moscow highway, 13km away from the town of Slavgorod. A regular bus service is available. A car would be at the disposal of guests as well.